Once I discovered quest bars I was immediately obsessed. If you’ve never had them I suggest you give them a try. Not only are they pretty darn delicious on their own but once I discovered you can toast them… game. changer. If it’s not toasted – warm, crispy toasty in the outside and gooey in the inside then I don’t want it [#okimkidding #iwouldeatitanyways #gimmequestbaaaars ]. I decided to get a little frisky with my waffles this morning and added those bad boys to the mix… de.li.cious!
½ cup oat flour
1 egg white
3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp sweetener (e.g. Stevia/Splenda)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp butter extract
1 tsp baking powder
sugar-free syrup/chocolate sauce
1 double chocolate chunk quest bar
1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients except the quest bar until smooth. I put protein powder on mine which made the batter thicker so I added more almond milk.
2. Cut half of the quest bar into small pieces and add to the batter.
3. Spray waffle iron with cooking oil (so it comes out easy) and cook.
4. While the waffle is cooking cut the other half of the quest bar into three pieces, flatten them into a cookie shape and put them in the toaster oven for about 5-8 minutes.
5. Once your waffle is done drizzle syrup/chocolate sauce over it (I used walden farms brand) and then add the quest “cookies” from the toaster oven and enjoy!
*update* featured recipe
A couple weeks after posting the original post above Quest Nutrition took notice and featured it as the recipe of the week on their blog! How cool was that?I was so psyched! click on the image below to see their post.