you say potato, I say potato?
After signing up to make a sweet potato casserole for a friendsgiving event I was left with the urge to make a sweet potato pie. Although the picture may be a little deceiving I made this on a small 6 inch pie dish, just enough to satisfy my cravings! I was surprised how long it had to stay in the oven but unlike the sweet potato casserole recipe this needed to be cut into slices… and what a delicious slice of pie it was!
½ cup of pecans
½ tbsp of softened butter
2 tbsp of Ideal brown sugar sweetener
2 medium-sized sweet potato
1 tbsp softened butter
1 large egg
¼ cup of Ideal brown sugar sweetener
½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of vanilla extract
chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Using a food processor grind the pecans.
2. Add butter and brown sugar to the ground pecans.
3. Mix until it’s all incorporated and press into the pie dish.
4. Bake for 10-20 at 350 until it’s toasted.
1. Add the sweet potato in the microwave for 15 minutes turning the potatoes at about the halfway point. Rumor has it that they can pop in the oven so you can pierce a few wholes just in case although I didn’t do this and it was fine.
2. Using a knife make sure that the sweet potato is soft all the way through the center. If so, remove the skin once it has cooled.
3. Mash the sweet potato into a puree consistency and mix in the rest of the filling ingredients .
4. Pour mixture into the pie dish with the pecan crust. Bake for 60 minutes at 350.
5. I added the chopped walnuts on top towards the end of the cooking time.
cut me a slice!
It came out really good… so good that I signed myself up to make it for Dave’s friend’s Christmas party tomorrow. I’ll just need to adjust the recipe for a 9 inch pie dish.