the superior fries
Remember my obsession with sweet potatoes? Well this is just a continuation of that. I haven’t found a variation of sweet potatoes that I haven’t liked; baked, mashed, fried… as a side item, as part of the main dish, as a dessert… I’ll eat it all. When it comes to fries I would choose sweet potato fries over regular fries any day! They are just freaking delicious and super easy to make; cut them up and place them in the oven!
1 medium sweet potato
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut sweet potato lengthwise into fries.
3. Using olive oil spray, mist the fries and add enough cinnamon and chili powder to lightly coat the fries.
4. Spray some olive oil on a baking sheet and spread sweet potatoes in a single layer so that they are not touching each other. This will allow them to get crisp.
5. Bake sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, then turn them and bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow them to cool a bit before eating.
lunch is served
This picture was taken a few weeks back but represents a typical lunch. I love stuffing pitas with just about anything (Joseph’s low carb breads are my favorite) and had that with the sweet potato fries and of course a side salad.