This came out a lot better than I expected, well I did make it twice. See, the reason for that was that I wanted to note down the ingredients so I could post it for you guys… or was that just an excuse to eat it again, I guess we will never know. The batter was nice and moist and the almonds from the quest bar gave it a nice crunch. In the center I added some sugar-free strawberry jam that I had but if you have maraschino cherries you can use that too. Seriously give this a try, it was super delicious.
½ Vanilla Almond Crunch quest bar
½ scoop of protein powder
1 tbsp of almond flour
2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp of egg whites
⅓ tsp of baking powder
10 drops of liquid vanilla crème stevia
1 pineapple ring slice, fresh or canned
2 tbsp of sugar-free syrup
2 tbsp of pineapple juice
a dollop of sugar-free strawberry jam
1. Put the quest bar into the microwave for 15 seconds so it softens a bit.
2. Mix all cake ingredients until smooth. Mix in the quest bar last to make it easier to mix.
3. In a separate bowl mix the syrup and pineapple juice (I used the juice from the canned pineapple) and microwave that for about a minute to thicken into a glaze.
4. In a small pyrex cup place the pineapple ring in the bottom of the cup, pour just a little bit of the glaze and then pour the cake batter over that.
5. Place in the microwave for two minutes. After a minute, let it rest a bit then put it again for another minute. The batter will rise but it shouldn’t spill over.
6. Remove cake from microwave and flip over. At this point I added the strawberry jam in the middle and added the rest of the glaze over it and put it in the microwave for another 30 seconds (mostly to warm up the strawberry jam).