beware of falling coconuts
For some reason I was in the mood for something with coconut. The fact that I started to google “coconut cookies” probably didn’t help either. This my version of the coco fleur cookies. Usually they are crisp and crunchy but these are nice and chewy so if you prefer that this would be a good recipe to try. I didn’t add any protein to the recipe; I usually would add protein to my baked goods but in all honesty I just completely forgot, but I’m sure it would be good addition if its something you wanted to add.
¼ cup oat flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup egg white
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
⅛ cup Ideal brown sugar blend
⅛ cup shredded coconut
dash of salt
16 baking chips of Ghillardeli dark chocolate
shredded coconut, as desired
1. Mix all ingredients together. If the mixtures seems too watery, just let it rest for a couple of minutes. The coconut flour is hydrophilic and will soak up the liquid and thicken the batter.
2. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper spoon the batter and make cookie shape, this should yield enough for 8 cookies.
3. Place in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
4. Once done, allow them to cool. Add the baking chips to the microwave for 1 minute or until they have melted.
5. Add the melted chocolate to the top of each cookie (should yield 8 cookies) and finish with some shredded coconut. Let the chocolate firm and enjoy!
cookies and milk anyone?
Despite my intent to make them super coconutty (by using coconut flour, coconut extract, and shredded coconut), the coconut flavor on these little guys was a bit mild so if you are cooking for a strong coconut flavor go wild and try adding more shredded coconuts!