how do you like them apples?
Do you remember those pretzel buns that were popular over the summer, I wanted a pretzel bun burger so bad but I was training during that time and pretzel buns were definitely NOT on my plan. Well for some reason I was inspired to make something with a pretzel crust and since I haven’t made a quest recipe in a while I figured I would incorporate the two. This is the recipe I came up and it was delish. The quest bar already has a great apple flavor but I added chopped apples to make it extra chunky.
½ Apple Pie Quest Bar
2 tbsp almond flour
1 tbsp liquid egg whites
⅓ apple, chopped
2 tsp coconut butter
sugar-free caramel syrup
1. Put the pretzels in your food processor and pulse.
2. In a small bowl add the coconut butter to the ground pretzel, mix together and put aside.
3. Place the quest bar in the microwave for 20 seconds so it gets soft.
4. In a separate bowl add the almond flour and egg whites and mix. Then add the warm quest bar and mix. Lastly add the chopped apples.
5. Spray a mini muffin pan with oil, add the pretzel and press it down. Then add the batter, should make 4 mini muffins.
6. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 350.
7. Once done, allow it to cool, drizzle with caramel syrup and enjoy!