love is in the air
Or is that citrusy goodness? probably the latter. I’m actually not a huge fan of citrus flavors in desserts. I would instead prefer a dessert with chocolate, caramel, nuts, or even berries but for some reason lemon, lime, and orange flavors in desserts just don’t do it for me. Well comparatively speaking anyways, if citrus is my only option then my sweet tooth takes over and inhales it before I can even register it. Just kidding, I don’t inhale my food… well, sometimes. Valentine’s Day is around the corner and I got a hot date planned with the boyfriend, this would be our 4th valentine’s day together :).
mug cake ingredients
1 scoop of protein
1 tbsp oat flour
1/4 cup egg white
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp poppy seed
3 packages of true lemon
1/2 tsp baking powder
20 drops of stevia
strawberry glaze ingredients
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
3 drops of red food coloring
1/2 tsp of strawberry extract
1. Mix all mug cake ingredients together until everything is well incorporated.
2. Spray a bowl with oil and add batter to it.
3. Place in microwave for 3 minutes or until it’s fully cooked.
4. While that’s in the microwave, mix together ingredients for the strawberry glaze. Slowly add the almond milk (adding more or less) to reach desired consistency.
5. Remove cake from bowl and into a flat dish, pour glaze over it, and add chopped strawberries if you have some and enjoy!