breakfast in a cup
I bought wonton wrappers a few weeks ago to make crab rangoon. If you follow me on instagram (if you don’t, you should!) then you probably saw them but I didn’t use all the wonton wrappers. I saw a few online sources that use them to make small cups. So I did just that but added eggs to make a yummy breakfast. There is a little bit of coordination needed since you’ll have a few different things cooking. The final product is basically the assembly of all of its parts. It was pretty darn delicious, so no regrets here.
6 Wonton Wrappers
2 whole eggs
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 turkey bacon
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Using a muffin pan grab the wonton wrappers and place in the muffin cavities and make sure the flaps fold down. Place these in the oven for 8 mins at 350 or until they are lightly toasted.
2. While that’s in the oven put your turkey bacon in a frying pan until it gets crispy, allow it to cool so it gets nice and hard.
3. Scramble up some eggs; I used eggs, almond milk, and some salt and pepper.
4. When the wonton wrappers are toasted, leave them in the muffin pan, add some eggs and sprinkle a little bit of the shredded cheddar cheese on top of each one and put it back in the oven until the cheese melts.
5. While that’s in the oven chop your scallions and dice the turkey bacon. Now for the final assembly, remove muffin pan from the oven, add bacon bits and scallions. Enjoy!
This recipe and subsequently the picture for the recipe was my inspiration to start #tastythoughts. It’s basically a fun way to add thought bubbles to your food pictures to give them personality. You can get more info here.