let’s call it a comeback
The recipe for these little guys has just 6 ingredients and since it uses almond flour it’s gluten-free. Almond flour is my flour of choice for low carb baking. Coconut flour is also another good option but I always have trouble getting the right mixture of ingredients so it’s not too dense or flaky. Another great thing about both of these flours is that it’s also gluten-free! The first time I tried making these I used a homemade pomegranate “jelly” but it pretty much all melted into a big mess so I guess you call this my comeback.
1¼ cup almond flour
1½ tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda
jelly of choice
1. Add all ingredients minus the jelly into food processor until it’s all well incorporated and turns into a dough consistency.
2. Make small to medium-sized balls with the dough until it’s all used up (it yielded me 12 cookies).
3. Use the back side of a 1/3 tsp measurement spoon to make indentations on each ball of dough.
4. Place about 1/3 tsp of jelly in the middle of each cookie.
5. Place in the oven for 10 mins at 350. Allow it to cool before handling, it may crumble if you try to pick it up too early.
I made 12 cookies in total and played around with the jelly filling a bit. I made 4 with sugar-free strawberry jelly, 4 with sugar-free orange marmalade, 2 with fig jam, and two with Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter and Cocoa Swirl. They all came out pretty good but the fig jam actually crumbled when I picked it up. The fig jam is a lot denser and heavier than the other jellies so not sure if that contributed to it not working. If you try this feel free to play around with the jelly fillings as I did!