you are the french to my toast
French toast is seriously one of my favorite breakfast foods. Speaking of which, have you had a chance to check out D.A.T. Chef’s layered french toast post? His post reminded me that its been a while since I’ve had it so I decided to make some! This came out so delicious; I love it when I make something and immediately I’m like “why go to a restaurant when I can make something this good at home?”. After eating this, those were my thoughts exactly… and I also get the satisfaction of knowing exactly what went into it.
2 slices Ezekiel bread
2 whole eggs
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
⅓ tsp vanilla extract
¼ package sugar-free cheesecake pudding
⅓ cup frozen strawberry
½ banana, sliced
1. Mix pudding mixture with ¼ cup of cold almond milk, once it thickens place in fridge.
2. Mix ¼ cup almond milk, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl and transfer to a shallow bowl (I used a 8×8 pyrex dish).
3. Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture and transfer to hot pan. Fry until browned on both sides.
4. Allow the french toast to cool in the mean time put the frozen strawberries in microwave for about 1:30 minutes (or once fully cooked), it will also create a nice strawberry sauce/syrup.
5. Remove pudding from fridge and place it in the middle of the french toast, add banana slices and strawberries. Add more strawberries on top and enjoy!