it’s pi day!
The nerd in me insisted I make a pie on no other day than pi day! I knew I wanted to make something but didn’t know what to make; ultimately decided on this mixed berry pie that came out delish! It’s chilled so it’s more of a frozen treat. I made it on a small pie dish so you will need to increase the ingredients if you’re making it on a regular sized pie dish. I really like how it came out but the crust actually crumbled and didn’t stick together like I wanted it to :( I made it with nuts and dates, perhaps I needed to add more dates? Let me know if you have any suggestions!
⅓ cup walnuts
⅓ cup pecans
1 tbsp coconut oil
⅓ cup mixed berry cream cheese
berries (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, anything you got!)
1. Put all crust ingredients into a food processor and grind.
2. Place crust mixture into a small pie dish and spread along the sides and bottom.
3. Put in the oven for 15 mins at 350. Once done, allow it to cool.
4. Put cream cheese and chopped banana into blender until smooth (add a few berries if you’re feeling frisky)
5. Take pie dish with cooled crust, add filling mixture, and top with berries and place it in the freezer. Should be ready in a couple of hours then cut yourself a slice!
oh, you got jokes?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those that don’t [#hardyharhar #imsuchanerd]. ok, ok… just one more, I know Dave would like this one:
Image Source: Courtney Gibbons